Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Guest Post: My Escape



Hey guys! My name is Isabelle and I am Shannon’s friend from school. I have known Shannon for five, almost six years now. We have been in band together for a while, since seventh grade actually. I am a flute player and as of last year, a drum major. I am also the author of the blog Major Treblemaker. If you like my guest post (and even if you don’t) please check it out here! :)

Have you ever wanted to escape? Just pick up and leave life behind you? Whether it is for a short time, indefinitely, or forever, everyone has. Whether it is from excessive stress, exhausting drama, or an overwhelming situation, everyone has wanted to at least once, maybe more.  Now, I’m not advocating for running away from your problems forever, but sometimes taking a little break is necessary for staying sane. Some days it is necessary and completely okay to get in your car, get on the interstate, and drive, or set up a hammock in the woods and read a good book, or take a long nap and ignore your responsibilities for a couple hours. 

My personal favorite is reading. When I crave an escape from reality, I set up a lawn chair, grab some ice water, sunscreen, and my swimsuit and get some sun while devouring a book. There is something about immersing yourself into a story—losing yourself in the words on page after page—that makes life a little more tolerable, at least for a little while. There is something about driving by yourself at night on a seemingly endless road with the radio blasting that completely revives and rejuvenates a defeated spirit. 

Escaping isn’t always what it sounds like. It doesn’t have to be jetting off to a tropical island or moving to a new state or country. Escaping can be something as little as sitting in a warm, scented bubble bath. 

The common underlying factor is time to take a deep breath and unwind. Wherever you find that is your escape. Breaks are healthy and breaks are necessary to prevent a stress overload. Take a deep breath and relax, because you’ve earned it!

Kisses,

Isabelle <3

Follow me on social media and please check out my blog. Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment