Monday, February 8, 2016

What's New for TSM in 2016

Hello to all my readers out there! I've got a few brief updates for you, and I'm hoping to get some feedback as well!

If you haven't noticed, I've made quite a few little additions and changes lately. I've added a new post signature, updated the color scheme (hopefully to stay, this time), and uploaded a new logo, among other things.

For example, I have added a page for books I would recommend. This is basically just a compilation of the books I have mentioned in my monthly reviews, and I'll keep adding to it as I keep reviewing more books! I hope it helps you find things more easily and gives you a list to go to when you're looking for something new to read.

I'll still be continuing to review books every month, and I'm already planning out my next few reviews! I'll try to give you all a bit more variety in the types of books I review, since I know most everything so far has been fairy tales and romance. Let me know what genres you like, and if you have a book suggestion, don't be afraid to send it in!

In addition to those monthly posts, I've recently thought about starting to write a story through my blog. It would be a chapter a month installment of a longer work, or maybe just monthly chapters that don't necessarily fit together. I don't know what I'll write about yet, but if you like the idea or have suggestions, feel free to leave a comment for me.

I know most bloggers focus on some specific topic, whether its beauty and fashion, recipes, DIY projects, cars, music, etc. And I know I don't really do that, which makes me a bit weird in blogger world. I don't like trying to fit into a certain box of what I can post about. That said, I tend to post mainly about books and whatever random thoughts I have. If you would like me to branch out and give you more variety, whether or not it includes some of the topics above, we could give it a try. Just let me know what y'all want to see!

I've been trying to post once or twice a week, but I'm not on a strict post schedule anymore. If you want to stay up to date on the latest posts, you've got three options:

  1. Check back here every so often
  2. Follow me on social media (links in the left sidebar). I send out twitter updates when there's a new post, and I'll occasionally post reminders on instagram as well. 
  3. Subscribe by email (link in the right sidebar). You'll get email updates whenever there's a new post up! 
Thank you guys for reading and commenting! This blog has been fun over the past year and I hope to grow and have more fun writing in 2016! 

3 comments:

  1. You're doing great! You don't have to blog about a certain topic - just what is important to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would like to suggest the possibility of a monthly guest blogger who does a topic completely different from yours and that you could learn from also, such as photography, auto basics for young drivers, firearms safety in the home, etc. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete