Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Summer Reading

Hey, guys! 

I don't know abou you, but one of my favorite things about summer is all the time I have for reading. While some kids may hate that they're assigned summer reading, I'm spending as much of June and July as possible with my nose in a book. 

I love reading for so many reasons. For one thing, you can learn so much from reading, whether it's just learning some new vocabulary or its learning to understand what life is like from another perspective. Reading is also just so calming, being able to slip into a fictional world and forget about all your real-world problems. And with the tragedies going on in the world right now, having that simple escape to another place, another time, is more calming than ever. 

I thought that some of you may want that escape too, so maybe instead of me just reading and reviewing books, you might like to read them with me. That's right, I'm suggesting a summer book club. 

I'll compile a list of books, you can help choose, and then we'll read. I'll pick only books I haven't read before, so it'll be new for both of us. At the end of the summer, we can discuss the books, and I'll write up a review for anyone who didn't get to participate. 

If there's a book you've been meaning to read, feel free to suggest it! I'll try to pick a variety of genres so hopefully everyone can both find something they like and maybe try something new. 

If you're interested in participating or if you think this is a good idea, please let me know in comments below! And if you know someone else who might be interested, don't forget to let them know as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment