Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pantone Color(s) of the Year

Hey guys!

So this isn't really a very long post, and I'm probably pretty behind in posting this. But, in case you haven't seen the Pantone color of the year for 2016 yet, I'm going to talk about it for a minute!

I'd seen one of the colors listed at the color of the year this year already, but it was honestly only the other day that I realized that there were two colors that had been listed together! The first, the one that I had seen before, is called Rose Quartz, and it's a pastel pink. But the other one is really what caught my eye, and it's called Serenity. It's a cool, pastel sort of blue, almost with a slight purplish tint.

If you can't already tell by my blog design (and by some of my posts), I'm really liking this sort of color pairing at the moment! Not only is it fresh, flowery, and perfectly paired for spring, but it's just such a soft, soothing combination.

Not to mention that it reminds me a bit of some classic fairy tales, namely Cinderella's two dresses and the well-known battle the fairies had between pink and blue dresses in Sleeping Beauty.

Honestly, I'm quite proud of myself for having picked this color scheme for my blog before I knew Pantone had declared their color of the year and validated my decision! Guess I'm a trendsetter, huh?

If you want to read more about the colors and the decision to make them the color(s) of the year for 2016, you can check out the article here.

What do you think of these colors? Will you be incorporating them into your style this year? Let me know in comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment